|This article is a stub. You can help Destiny 2 Wiki by .|
This article is a stub. You can help Destiny 2 Wiki by .
Glimmer is an item that is necessary in order to perform an upgrade upon weapons and to buy items from the shop.
Glimmer can currently be used:
- To purchase common to rare quality items from vendors
- To purchase Legendary-tier items from event coordinators
- As a material for upgrading weapons and armor
There are multiple ways to obtain glimmer in destiny:
- Breaking down a piece of weapon or armor
- Killing a Major or Ultra enemy gives players 25 glimmer
- Using a Booster and killing enemies associated with that booster.
- Players can sell 50 of any material to one of the quartermaster for 250 glimmer. (Removed with The Dark Below).
The Dark Below Changes
- In The Dark Below players can use Glimmer with an Exotic Shard to convert a legendary item to the new level of power
- Players with The Dark Below expansion can no longer sell materials to quartermasters, instead players can use Marks to buy materials from the perspective Quartermasters.